Dark Heart
by Birdwell
12/31/09

Can't Get Rid of Me

I didn't want to end 2009 leaving this blog hanging in limbo. As much as I am going thru spiritually and emotionally; as much as I want to wrap myself in a heavy woolen cloak and hide...it's really not who I am do keep it all inside and private. It's not true to my nature.

Above all else: to thine own self be true.

It's one of my fundamental, core beliefs. And to turn my back on my true nature would be detrimental to me in the long run. So you all have the good fortune to have access to all my blathering for another decade. Grin.

Now, to business. It's the last day of the whole fucking year (and to some the decade--there's minor disagreements if in fact 2010 is the end of the decade). So as I look back how did I do? Well, my main motto was "Get Over It!" I did reasonably well, and then towards the end I kind of lost my mojo and stopped trying to get over anything (this year I felt real fear towards the government and how it was going to affect my future). So 2010 will see me trying some more to Get Over It.

I also need to work on balance in my life, work and family. I let my verve for getting recognistion for my knitting skills over shadow caring for my family. Not that I neglected them, but they weren't high enough on the priority ladder either. So this next year...work on that.

I am also going to try to be a better blogger/writer. God knows I have been doing this for over a decade, I ought to be a pro. But I have let my myriad of issues get in the way. I will work on that.

News: Christmas was awesome. Perfect: relaxing and fufilling-full of my family. Right now though we are sick. It came on suddenly yesterday and has us all moaning on the couch. Van is sick too. But it picked the perfect time (no sarc really)...it dove tails in nicely with Jamey's work for the Army Bowl. So we can get it fixed AND paid for! Micci's in cub scouts; Jamey takes him so it's a fun thing the boys get to do together. Lorelei likes that we get to have a once a week girls night.

I wish everyone a happy and safe New Years! See ya on the flip side!

Labels:

6:21:00 PM -- Email -- Link -- 2 Comments

Main Page

2 Comments:

happy new year kiddo!

By Blogger HODGEPODGESPV, at 10:32 AM  

Glad you aren't going away forever. I have had the same issue with my personal blog--just don't want to spend the whole thing whining, so it's been sparse for a couple of months. Trying to do better.

By Blogger Suna Kendall, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity
Recovered Enough
Cooking!
Bleh
Toes and Weirdness
An Ode to Toes
Blogging, um yeah...
There aren't the proper words...
New Directions


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions