Dark Heart
by Birdwell
1/4/10

What's Up Doc?

The last days of 2009 and the beginning days of 2010, saw me struck down with the crud. Today is the first day I felt good and able to get off the couch. It's a good thing I decided to make it one of my goals this year to get fit. I usually get sick once a year, not twice in a season. Yuck.

Yeah, so goals. Being me and being raised LDS, I am very goal oriented. We spend 6 years as youth goal setting...lots and lot's of goals. I see them as a great way to get myself progressing as a human being. Swimming with the stream, instead of letting the stream carry me-if you get my drift. Goals gives us purpose and self worth...and lets us work on our rough patches.

I am continuing with my "Get Over It" theme--esp since I feel like I dropped the ball on it midway thru last year. What does "Get Over It" mean? After all goals without outlines and plans are just weak and pointless resolutions. Although I am pretty outgoing I have issues with doing things in front of others. Playing my tin whistle, for instance, speaking to strangers...like vlogging. I also need to get over my oh, I hate cleaning thing and yay I am a hippy with no structure. Yeah, I am a mom now and I need structure. So that plays into my individual set of goals.

Organise my home, family, and life. I am setting daily schedules, meal plans, and rewards. I am going to work with hubby on creating a family budget. I will de-clutter the house and keep it tidy.

I need to CHILL. I have become increasingly high strung. So I need to work on my Inner Birdy. That means more meditating and find what makes me upset and neutralizing them. I am hoping that the organization plans help that.

I need to get fit. We got a Wii Fit for Christmas. And so far I have had two nice work out sessions (spaced in between being sick, bleh) It has kinda turned me into a calorie counter, but I need to ensure I am getting enough calories for the exercise I do--I can't let myself LOSE weight.

I will continue to work on my writing, both non fiction and fiction. This blog used to be funny and interesting...I need to get that back. I am hoping that more writing will encourage me to be more open, less hermity, and more creative.

For the blog, hopefully all this new goals will have the nice side effect here on this blog: content that you actually WANT to read.

Labels: ,

5:50:00 PM -- Email -- Link -- 1 Comments

Main Page

1 Comments:

If you like Wii Fit, think about upgrading to Wii Fit Plus for $20 US. You can set up your own routine using Yoga and strength, and have a "seamless" workout. After being frustrated with our original Wii Fit, the Plus has definitely got me going back every morning. Keep up the exercise. It really pays off in extra energy and less stress :)

By Blogger Five Bears A-Blogging, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

Can't Get Rid of Me
Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity
Recovered Enough
Cooking!
Bleh
Toes and Weirdness
An Ode to Toes
Blogging, um yeah...
There aren't the proper words...


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions