Dark Heart
by Birdwell
1/8/10

When Does It Get Fun?

It's still mind numbingly cold here. I don't think it got above freezing today....course it felt about ten degrees colder. SO weird! This is S. Texas! It never gets this cold--we are still in awe. One of my friends has an RV, so she drove down south to the border. It's still cold, but not freezing. Smart girl.

At Casa Birdwell, we have been staying under blankets watching TV, toasty warm. Although, I was a big girl and spent an hour exercising. I skipped yesterday (too cold). I am beginning to think that was a bad idea, since I fell into a ferocious mood in the evening. I am still wondering when it becomes enjoyable. Wednesday was murder; full of lunges and squats. My right thigh nearly revolted and decamped. I did a little lower body work today and my thighs aren't screaming-so maybe I AM getting into shape! Woot!

Tomorrow, Jamey's taking Micci to the Army Bowl Football game. He had thought we all were going to go, but I told him he was nuts as that falls squarely outside of my plans: How To Survive The Artic Blast of 2010. So he's just taking Micci.

Speaking of Micci: he tried running away today. Lately he'll get mad at me, accusing me of not loving him and threatening to run away. He'll draw me a picture with a sentence explaining himself. Usually it goes something like this, "No one loves me. I am going, going, going." I talk him down, assuring him of my undying love. Well today he tried this again, because I won't let him play Wii.

??!?!??

So I let him go.

He comes back less than a minute later. It's too cold. He'll run away later.

Yeah.

Yay for pre-adolescent mind games!!

Labels: ,

9:26:00 PM -- Email -- Link -- 1 Comments

Main Page

1 Comments:

Here in GA we've still got ice on the driveway from the snow two days ago, and our local pond is frozen over. In GEORGIA! Wassup with that? :)

Stay warm. Stay inside if possible. We WILL see warmer days. In the mean time, I'm lovin' the beautifully clear skies! - Mo

By Blogger Five Bears A-Blogging, at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

Sore!
What's Up Doc?
Can't Get Rid of Me
Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity
Recovered Enough
Cooking!
Bleh
Toes and Weirdness
An Ode to Toes


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions