Dark Heart
by Birdwell
1/28/10

Exercise and Food

This post brought to you by Black Eyed Peas and Pump It. I have been on a Black Eyed Peas kick this week

The workouts haven't become fun yet, and I am struggling to put them into my schedule. I am missing days...not good. But, I am noticing results, firmer legs, arms, waist, and much to Jamey's delight boobs. One big change is my diet.

Normally I eat when I am hungry and I eat based on cravings. (I used to skip breakfast) I never gave a thought to what the food need to do for me, just what tasted good. But now, I need to make sure I am fueling my self for the workouts. I have to record my calories and hit the amount of calories I need based on my exercise plan. Because I am trying to build muscle, I am more aware of the protein I eat (rather NEED to eat). I also need eat food that build blood. I have a blood disorder (thankfully mild) that effects how I exercise. Many times I get insanely dizzy because all the oxygenated blood is going to the muscles and not to the brain. Not good. So I am eating more iron, folic acid, and the B vitamins.

Lunch is especially hard. I like quick easy to prepare lunches. Day time is usually crayzee in this house and time slips away faster than stepping on soap in a bathtub. Usually, I eat pasta, or potatoes. Too much starch not enough veg or protein. I discovered that my grocery store sells frozen chopped spinach tablespoon sized pillow shaped nuggets (in bags). Very easy to toss a few into my pasta and it's very tasty.

Garlic and Spinach Pasta

You need: spiral pasta (I use tricoloured and you need a textures pasta to grab the yumminess), a few cloves of minced garlic (minced), 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 or 4 spinach pillows, 1 tbsp butter, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.

While you are boiling about a cup of dried pasta, saute garlic in olive oil until it's a pale tan, add butter and spinach. Cook until defrosted and hot. Drain pasta, toss pasta and spinach mixture into a bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and season to taste.

Delicious.

I still need to work on the meat/protein. I want to find a big bag of pre-cooked grilled chicken--like I said I want easy.

Labels: ,

12:28:00 PM -- Email -- Link -- 0 Comments

Main Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

Weird Dreams
I have a WASHER!
Found a Use for my Bum
When Does It Get Fun?
Sore!
What's Up Doc?
Can't Get Rid of Me
Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity
Recovered Enough


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions