Dark Heart
by Birdwell
1/24/10

Weird Dreams

The past couple days I have been having weird dreams...the kind that make you get out of bed because you can't go back to sleep. My dreams are something to pay attention to. If I have nightmares it's because there's something troubling me. Many times my dreams come true. Most times they are just fun and weird: me exploring things I like that I can't explore when I am awake (like my dreams about famouz bloggers).

I always have had recurring dreams, sort of like serials. I spend the first half of the dream confused because I can't remember what happened in the dream before. I haven't had a real night mare in YEARS...I only have one kind and it's harrowing. Even when I am awake I don't like thinking or talking about it, because it's just that disturbing. For awhile now, I've been having weird dreams about high school; always running late for class or realising that I have been skipping for weeks and I have SO MUCH to catch up on. I am always very afraid of what my teachers will say or do when I waltz in the classroom door.

Ever since I got married and had kids I have wondered am I dreaming? Will I wake up from this wonderous perfection?

This week has been extraordinarily tough. Almost as tough as Austin I, when I left home for the University of Texas at Austin. Back then a lot of illusions where shattered and hard truths where born out of the ashes. It was like a building falling down around me. This week felt like getting hit by a two by four, then before I could get up I get hit by a re-bar, and finally when I regain consciousness I get hit by a brick. Of course all that fun-ness let my deep buried rage (the WHY I named this blog "Black Heart") bubble over. It was a fun hurricane while it lasted let me tell you. Thank god I have amazing friends and an awesome husband.

So really it's not surprising that I have been having weird dreams and insomnia. But it did make me wonder about this whole what if I was really dreaming? And what if I woke up back in 1995 (or whenever) and I remembered everything? What if? And what if I could prove in small ways that what I dreamed actually happened. Things I know now about back then that I didn't know back then.

The mind boggles.

I tell you want, if I woke up and I was still in high school, I would dump early morning seminary and get to sleep before 11, because the sleep deprivation took nearly 10 years to recover from. It was 5 years before I could close my eyes without instantly falling asleep. I was like a bleeding parrot: darkness the room and zzzzzzzzzz.

Labels:

1:09:00 PM -- Email -- Link -- 0 Comments

Main Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

I have a WASHER!
Found a Use for my Bum
When Does It Get Fun?
Sore!
What's Up Doc?
Can't Get Rid of Me
Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity
Recovered Enough
Cooking!


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions