Dark Heart
by Birdwell
2/5/10

Push!

Lori Making Faces Lorelei, age 3

One of the things you don't really understand when you become a parent, is how much time kids spend PUSHING their limits, and yours. Somedays I imagine the kids scheming, "Just how far can I push the limit of what I am allowed. Just how far can push Mommy." I also imagine the two kids conspiring: who gets to be the holy terror this week.

We have spent most of Micci's life teaching him to eat new foods. He's as picky as me (my mom gleefully calls this Karma). We have a three bite rule in our house (three bites will tell you if you like a new food. You are also expected to eat foods we know you like.) and it's just been recently that this rule isn't accompanied by tears and yelling.

Lorelei has always been my good eater. We don't have to get after her to eat, she'll try a new food with relish and take her three bites without arguing. She is my relief.

Just when I think mealtimes will be tear free. Lorelei has to up her game.

Monday, she refused to eat food she normally likes. And to give Karma HER due, Lorelei inherited from me: stubbornness. Unlike Micci who would eventually before bedtime eat his food, Lorelei refused. Well, there is only ONE Stubborn Queen in this house and that's ME! So, Lorelei had to eat her Monday dinner, for Tuesday breakfast, Lunch or Dinner....she had to eat it as her next meal. Well, she snuck cereal Tuesday for breakfast. So she had enough to sustain her through breakfast and lunch.

"I will not eat that yucky food! I hate potatoes!" said the girl who loves potatoes more than anything.

Tuesday night and she takes Monday's Dinner out of the 'fridge, asks me to heat it up and she eats exactly HALF!

We get to continue this fun game into Wednesday, YAY! We sent her to bed straight after dinner.

Wednesday, I am smart and she gets no cereal...so her stubborness only lasts till late afternoon, when she finally spends the next two hours finishing off her diced roasted potatoes.

This week has completely exhausted me. But ya know what? I WON!!!

I think...

Labels: ,

11:07:00 AM -- Email -- Link -- 0 Comments

Main Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Birdy's Knits, shop and blog
Check Out My Knitting Blog!

Site Feed



DAILYBOOTH

Your life in pictures!


join today!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Birdwell. Make your own badge here.


-------------



-------------

Ten Things I've Said Before Today:

Exercise and Food
Weird Dreams
I have a WASHER!
Found a Use for my Bum
When Does It Get Fun?
Sore!
What's Up Doc?
Can't Get Rid of Me
Inside Mo Dubh Croi
Hermity


-------------

What I talk About:
- Birthdays
- Blog Business
- Books
- Cleaning
- Daily Rant
- Food
- Holidays
- Homeschooling
- Just For Fun
- Kid Antics
- Kid Pics
- Knitting
- Mr. Murphy
- Music
- Obsessions
- Politics
- Surgery
- Texans
- Weather

-------------

Internal Links of Interest:


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant
Writers BLOCK

Knit Bits

The Preggo Blog

the Archives

Oldest Archives

Birdy's Wishlist

Jamey's Wishlist

Micci's Wishlist

Lorelei's Wishlist

Micci's Photo Album

This is me

Blogger Profile

Vox

-------------

External Links of Interest:


Mother Knows Best

Dooce

The Superficial

Caroline

Meg

Slashfood

Knitting Curmudgeon

Knitty

Queer Joe's Knitting Blog

Go Knit In Your Hat

The Girl From Auntie

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can

The Blue Blog


Webdesign by Birdwell Productions Powered by Blogger
© 1998-2008 Birdwell Productions